Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Brenda's Obituary


MOUNT HOLLY - On Dec. 9, 2009, Brenda Moser Weathers joined her mother Isabel Lackey Moser, her father Curtis Polk Moser, and other welcoming spirits, both those with two legs and four.

She is survived by her husband of 48 years, Tom Weathers, her daughter Yancie Weathers-Costner, son-in-law Randy Costner, granddaughter Allie Michal Costner, grandson Evan Costner, and the six fur babies.

Her life was her family, friends, and pets. She loved the cooking channel and worked crossword puzzles in ink. She retired from the North Carolina Department of Transportation, in 2004 after 44 years. She was awarded one of North Carolina's highest awards, The Order of the Long Leaf Pine for her extraordinary service. Although of no particular religious affiliation, she was proud of her Jewish heritage and was wearing her Star of David at the end.

She was a woman of unusual beauty, quiet grace, and great dignity.

She wanted to be remembered by this poem…

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there.
I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow;
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sunlight on ripened grain;
I am the gentle autumn's rain.
When you awaked in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry, I am not there.

She will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment